ONCF Morocco Train Tickets
First Class train travel in Morocco is probably equivalent to short distance First Class travel in Europe, and provides a guaranteed designated comfortable seat in an air conditioned carriage. Depending on the age of the train, seating may be in a six-person compartment, or in a regular open carriage with rows of seats on both sides of a central aisle.
Moroccan trains generally have two First Class cars on each train.
Second Class service also provides a designated seat. Depending on the age of the train, seating may be in an eight-person compartment, or in a regular open carriage with rows of seats on both sides of a central aisle.
ONCF Travel Protocol Post COVID-19
When full network train service resumes post the COVID-19 confinement period – tentatively scheduled for some time in July, 2020 – it will be with a new travel protocol.
- Seat availability will be limited on each train to allow for social distancing
- Certain seats will be off limits
- Advance purchase of tickets is strongly advised
- Purchase of electronic tickets will be encouraged to limit contact at the train station
- Wearing of face mask will be compulsory for the entire journey
- Strict adherence to the seat number marked on the ticket
- Boarding of train will be facilitated by zone – follow directions of platform staff and announcements
We can take the stress out of purchasing your tickets for Morocco train travel by buying your tickets in advance, guaranteeing your seat on the train departing at your preferred travel time. Just click on the orange button below to send us your ticket request.
ONCF Al Boraq TGV Service
The Morocco Al Boraq TGV fast train directly links the cities of Casablanca and Tangier, serving the stations of Casa Voyageurs, Rabat Agdal, Kenitra and Tangier. Connections to regular trains are available to access all other routes and stations.
Morocco’s TGV is not just an amazing example of technology, it is a stunning engineering feat and has introduced a whole new travel experience to North Africa.
A limited amount of promotional fares are offered on each train – these fares will be the first tickets to be sold, so there is an incentive for purchasing Al Boraq tickets in advance.
Al Boraq connects Casablanca to Tangier in just 2h10mn, Rabat to Tangier in 1h20mn, and Kenitra to Tangier in 50mn.